Information We Collect
There are different methods on how and when we collect your personal information. Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is defined as any information which on its own, or when merged with other information, allows an individual to be identified. For example, this can be your name, telephone number or address.
We collect your information when you do any of the below:
- Place an order on our website, by telephone or in person at one of our branches
- Make an enquiry regarding our products or services
- Upload an image, comment or review
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, letter, email or social media
- Fill out any forms on our websites
- Complete any forms relating to accidents or incidents for Health and Safety and Insurance purposes
The personal information that we may then collect includes:
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Records of your contact with us for example logs of correspondence interactions pre and post-sale
Our website is not marketed and does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from, children under the age of 16. In the event this happens we will delete the information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please let us know via our Contact Us form.
How We Use Your Information
Regal garden Buildings uses the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following reasons:
- To track sales and enquiries
- To answer your questions or provide you with requested information
- To process your order including sending order confirmations and invoices, payments and refunds
- To keep you up to date with the status of your order
- To book and dispatch your order
- To respond to your correspondence and customer service queries
- To understand the interests of our site visitors and enquiries for market research and analysis by tracking activity (anonymously) to identify trends
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To contact you for your opinions on our products and services
- To allow us to develop, review and improve new/existing products and services based on your opinions and reviews
- To notify you about any important changes to our services or our sites
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
Accessing Your Information & Updates
Below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. If you wish for further information or explanation regarding your rights, please visit the ICO website.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- If you have placed an order with us at any time, you can review your personal information.
If your personal information changes we politely request that you tell us, so we can update your records. You can do this by contacting us directly via telephone or email.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing of PII
We will rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
1. Performance of a contract - Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a. Providing you with a tailored quote which includes prices and assess whether we are able to deliver/install (where applicable) to your location
b. Managing orders that you have with us which includes products and services (delivery/installation)
c. Updating your records once an order has been placed
d. Any activities relating to the product or service (delivery/installation) which includes enquiries, quotes, orders and administration of order/quote
2. Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a. To provide you with information regarding our products and services
b. To provide you with suitable content on our website
c. To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
d. For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
e. To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
f. For market research and analysis and developing statistics
g. Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
3. To comply with Legal Obligations such as:
a. Where we need to share your personal information with people or organizations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
4. Vital Interests such as:
a. If you are involved in an emergency whilst visiting one of our workshop or during a delivery we may need to provide the details that we have about you to the emergency services.
Retention of Personal Information and Why
Unless otherwise explained we will hold your personal information based on the following reasons:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing your orders and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- If you have not placed an order with us we will only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query.
- If you have not placed an order with us and we no longer have an ongoing legitimate business interest to process your data, we will delete this data. In the event this is not possible due to data backups in archives we will ensure that no further processing takes place with your data until we are able to delete the data.
- To enhance the security of the checkout process we currently use 'Verified by Visa' and 'MasterCard SecureCode' as a part of the payment process when you place an order through the website.
- Verified by Visa' and 'MasterCard SecureCode' are schemes that have been introduced by card issuers to help tackle online fraud. These schemes are known as '3d Secure' and Regal garden Buildings like many other retailers, are committed to fraud prevention. By participating in either scheme, your online shopping experience will be more secure.
Third Party Data
Disclosing your data / Information sharing
Regal Garden Buildings does not sell your personal information to third parties.
Regal Garden Buildings will never make your personal details available to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
We may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail and courier services. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
Your personal information is not transferred or disclosed outside of the UK.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our websites.
Concerns and Contact Details
Data Protection Officer
Regal Garden buildings
or email: email@example.com